Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Morning

With a new year also comes a new church time.  Now that we have church in the afternoon, I am quickly discovering I need to find things for the kids to do so they will first of all stop teasing each other constantly and then after I stop them from teasing each other,  I don't keep hearing them say "I'm bored" or "Is it time to get ready for church yet?"  So this morning I pulled out the legos.   There is just something so magical about legos.  Whenever I play with them it always takes me back to being a kid and going over to my cousins home in California and seeing the amazing creations they would build with legos then trying to build some amazing new thing.  Even now I can't help but start playing with them with the kids.  Good times!  

Here are some pictures and quotes I heard from the kids....


"Mom, that's a super cool ship!" --Hunter

(Glad to know I can still make a pretty cool spaceship....I haven't lost my touch.  Plus, it's always nice to have one of your kids think you are a pretty neat mom who can make some "super cool" things)


"Thanks for helping me Hunter.  I'm not going to shoot you"
--Madison

(see what happens when you play nice with Darth Vader,
 he is no longer a threat...)


While I was building my ship, Madison handed me a lego with an eye on it.  

"Here Mom, you can have this eye gun but don't shoot at me because I'm bad.  I'm Darth Vader"

(I love how she was being so sweet to share with me but also covering her bases to ensure I didn't use the weapon she was giving me to get her.)


Madison's spaceship


Hunter working on his spaceship



Here is a little glimpse of the type of play going on.  They, of course, right before I turned on the camera were being hilarious as Madison was trying to get the Star Wars characters to celebrate Christmas and Hunter did not think that was appropriate star wars play, but by the time I got the the camera they are on to something else.  Anyway enjoy.....


And where was Savannah during all this...video chatting with her friend  (who she was going to see in a few short hours at church)  :)



4 comments:

Laura said...

You are a cool mom if you sit down and play legos. I'll get them out and then do my own thing. By the way, I still put up my birthday banner every birthday. Justin's party was about a week after his birthday so I took it down. I'm glad you still use your banner. That was fun making it--and years ago!

Kaylee said...

THAT'S ME! I ICHAT WITH SAVANNAH A LOT!!

Savannah said...

I didn't notice how much fun it would be to play with the legos! But when I started doing it, it was totally awesome! (lego cruise ship:))

Willis Family said...

You're such a good Mommy! I've enjoyed a little more time getting ready/up for church as well. Looks like you guys are doing some good things with your extra time.