Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Girl's weekend in Aspen

I love the Fall!  The Aspen trees are turning brilliant yellow and the  the weather is cool but the sun is still shining enough so you can wear short sleeves and a comfortable pair of jeans.

 This past weekend a bunch of my friends went to Aspen for a Girl's weekend away.  Hunter was very sad that I was going somewhere without him and kept asking if he could come too.  When I told him it was just for Moms he still couldn't understand why he couldn't come.  I compared it to him being invited to a sleepover and me going along with him.  He then started to laugh and didn't say anything more about wanting to come.  I guess he is surprised that I have friends too and sometimes I want to spend time with them just like he likes spending time with his friends.
Anyway, here are some pictures from my weekend.  It was a fabulous weekend!  

Highlights:
Great food!
Yummy fresh made kettle corn pop-corn!
Walking through the Aspen open Market!
Great friends!
A Gondola ride up the mountain--beautiful views!!!
Becca and Amy having a hula hoop contest!
Beautiful mountain views!
Golden colored Aspens!


5 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Good for you! It's always good for the moms to get away once in a while.

Willis Family said...

How fun! It looks like you girls had a great time! Aspen is gorgeous!!! I only met Becca once or twice...but remembered her as being really nice a sweet! Love the pics!

Lauren said...

ooo what a fun getaway! looks like a great time, and beautiful pictures!

Linda said...

What a fun trip. Reminds me of a Sisters' Retreat held long, long ago. High time for another. :)

Nicole said...

That's so great that you did that! How did you decide where to go and what to do?

LOVE the yellow trees! So beautiful!