Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another year older....

Jesse and kids surprised me with a very heartfelt birthday present.  Jesse sat down with each kid and had them answer 22 questions about me.  It's both touching and funny to hear who I am to them.  Here are their responses.



MADISON

1. What is something mom always says to you?

  Clean up!” 

2. What makes mom happy?

  When I give her something.

3. What makes mom sad?

  If I don't give her a hug.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

  If she makes a silly joke

5. What was your mom like as a child?

I don't know.

6. How old is your mom?

  29

7. How tall is your mom?

  This tall [reaching from floor to ceiling as high as she can]

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

  Work on the computer

9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?

  Do things that she wants to do like chatting with her friends

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

  I don't know.

11. What is your mom really good at?

  Making art and painting.

12. What is your mom not very good at?

  Not good if she doesn't paint.

13. What does your mom do for her job?

  Picking stuff up.

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?

Fruit.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

  I don't know.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

  Princess from Princess & the Pea and Ariel

17. What do you and your mom do together?

  Make stuff that's our own.

18. How are you and your mom the same?

  If we wear the same dresses to church.

19. How are you and your mom different?

  If we don't wear the same dresses.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

  She says, “I love you.” [with sign language]

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

  That he picks her up.

22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?

  To play with her friends.



HUNTER


1. What is something mom always says to you?

  “I love you.”

2. What makes mom happy?

  When the house is clean.

3. What makes mom sad?

  When we say mean things.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

  When I'm sad and trying to be grumpy she cheers me up and I start laughing.

5. What was your mom like as a child?

  Silly.

6. How old is your mom?

  34

7. How tall is your mom? 

 3' 6”

8. What is her favorite thing to do? 

 Rest. (After the I read their letters I told them I wanted to take a picture of them with their letters.  Hunter said, "I should of said your favorite things to do is take pictures!)

9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?

  Cleans up.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

  I don't know, she's really good at a lot of stuff.

11. What is your mom really good at?

  The computer and helping the children.

12. What is your mom not very good at?

  Baseball.

13. What does your mom do for her job?

  Cleaning the house and giving the children lunch.

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?

  It depends on what she's in the mood for.  

15. What makes you proud of your mom? 

 She teaches us about Jesus Christ and the gospel.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?  

Snoopy.

17. What do you and your mom do together?  

Play sports and the dishes.

18. How are you and your mom the same?

  We both have brown hair.

19. How are you and your mom different?

  I'm a boy and she's a girl.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

  She takes care of me.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

  He helps mom.

22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? 

 To the store.




SAVANNAH

1. What is something mom always says to you?

  She doesn't say this every second of the day, but I feel her telling me, “I love you.”

2. What makes mom happy? 

 When our family is happy.

3. What makes mom sad?  

When things don't turn out the way she expected.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?  

Sometimes she tells jokes.

5. What was your mom like as a child?  

She lived in a big house and had lots of fun.  She was a fun child.

6. How old is your mom?  

32

7. How tall is your mom?

  Ummm ... is it OK if I guess?  About 6 feet, maybe?

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

  Spend time with her family.

9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?

  Does things around the house to make it cleaner and happy.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

  Being the best mom in the world.

11. What is your mom really good at?  

Helping me with things like homework.

12. What is your mom not very good at? 

 Playing the piano.

13. What does your mom do for her job? 

 Cleans around the house and takes care of our family.

14. What is your mom’s favorite food? 

 Grandma's Sunshine Chicken

15. What makes you proud of your mom?  

 That she helps me when I need help, like if I get hurt.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? 

 Belle

17. What do you and your mom do together? 

 Sometimes we go to the mall.

18. How are you and your mom the same?  

We both have blue eyes.

19. How are you and your mom different?  

 Different hair color.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? 

 Because she shows me by hugging me and helping.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

  Long pause . . . she likes everything about Dad but most of all she likes that Daddy helps with things around the house.

22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? 

 The mall.


8 comments:

Alison Woods said...

I love it! What a good idea! I'm going to do that for Dave for Father's Day! Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

How adorable. I love their perception of how tall you are, among other things. You really are a great mom and you're making a huge difference in their lives. I wish we lived closer. I'll keep praying that Isaac gets a job, and throw in that I really wouldn't mind if it were in Denver. :)

JPF said...

Oooh, oooh! Heidi, we'll pray for the same. That would be awesome!

Willis Family said...

Happy Birthday! I loved reading all the sweet things the kids said about you. What a clever idea for Jesse to have...loved it!

Beth said...

What a great birthday gift - memories you will always treasure. Happy Birthday! We love you.

SMcG said...

Priceless!

The Egglestons said...

This is so sweet! I love that Jesse had them do this and I love their responses. What a thoughtful birthday activity!

Nicole said...

What a fun idea... something you can save forever. =) Happy Birthday Brenna.