Thursday, February 12, 2009

Muffins with Mom


Every February, our school hosts a "Muffins with Mom."  This is a great activity where the children invite their Moms to come before school to spend time together and enjoy some yummy muffins.  Last year I missed "Muffins with Mom" because I was in the hospital on bed rest.  This year I was so thankful I could go with Hunter and Savannah.  It was such a treat to be able to spend some quality time with them.  We sat on a blanket and munched on muffins and talked about school, friends, and our favorite books.  After missing so many things last year, I am so much more aware now of the many blessings I have and the things I am able to do.  I try not to take things for granted, like going to Muffins with Mom.  I love these special moments I can have with my children.



2 comments:

Alison Woods said...

I love doing stuff like that too with the kids. Those little things mean so much to them!

Linda said...

What a fun thing to do. Eastwood used to do a Dr. Seuss thing with parents once a year, too. I'm glad you could go. Busy month this month, eh?