Sunday, February 8, 2009

Madison is 4 years old!


The theme of the whole day was PAJAMAS!  She stayed in her pajamas for the whole day (she did change into this new Ariel nightgown for her birthday party).

We started the birthday morning with a yummy crepe birthday breakfast with our friends, The Hills.

Later that evening, Madison had some friends over for a Pajama Birthday Party.  She originally wanted a slumber party but we settled on having a few friends come over in their pajamas and we could play some games.  

First, we had Pizza!

Next we played "Pass the Teddy Bear"--where you pass a teddy bear around the circle then when the music stops the person holding the teddy bear gets to choose a present out of a basket.  

Then we played "Musical Sleeping Bags"--everyone hopped around on sleeping bags spread out all over the floor but when the music stops they had to find a sleeping bag and sit on it.

Next we tossed our favorite stuffed animals back and forth with a partner, starting out close to each other, then stepping back, toss, etc. (like tossing a water balloon). 

Then we played "Madison Blackout Bingo"--we played bingo with a card of pictures of Madison and clip art of her favorite things.  When all the spaces were covered we all yelled "Happy Birthday Madison!!!"

Next we played "Sleeping Bag Relay"--we divided into two groups, then one girl from each team races to a sleeping bag, climbs in, gets out then races back to the next person in line.

Then we played "Popcorn"--the kids pretended they were popcorn kernals and their sleeping bags were a hot pan.  Savannah kept the beat, starting out slow then fast!!!

Next, we had cake and ice cream--Slumber Party Cake!!!

Then, we had "Bedtime Stories"--Hunter read to the girls

It was a fun filled birthday!  Happy Birthday Madison.  I love you!!!




7 comments:

carrie said...

What a cute 4 year old! I love crepes, and pajamas. She must have had such a great birthday party. Happy birthday Madison!

kels said...

What an amazing birthday party! You're something else Brenna! And Maddie has got to be the happiest little 4-year-old in the world! :)

Laura said...

What a fun party. Your kids seem like they are really great with each other. Madison wasn't even born when we left Denver. Time flies by too quickly.

The Egglestons said...

What a creative way to work with Maddison's party request. I am so impressed! & I love the cake. Although I already knew it, this is yet another reminder of what an amazing mom you are! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Kaylee said...

The cake is great Brenna!!!

SMcG said...

Wow! What a great party! I think I remember years and years ago when Family Fun Magazine had that slumber party cake featured in their magazine. Yours turned out SO cute!
What a lucky four year old to have such a great party planner : )

SMcG said...

ps - I love that Hunter read them stories!