Wow, a year has passed. My teeny tiny 2 pound 14 ounces new born baby is now a 21 pound 4 ounces 1 year old!
(Jesse's wedding ring next to Eliza)
I just spent the past half hour looking through the pictures from the day she was born. Some of the thoughts and feelings that came over me.... a miracle, the power of prayer, being comforted by the spirit, service from others, blessings, and the power of the priesthood.
She was so tiny. I didn't even know how to hold her, she was so small and fragile in my arms. I couldn't see into the future and see her as she is now.
This week I took her to get her one year old pictures. While I was viewing them, I broke down into tears. The photographer put her arm on me and asked me if everything was okay. I told her I was just overwhelmed with gratitude when I looked at the pictures. It was just one of those moments when I realized all that this little one has been through this year--from being so small and helpless to now being such a big one year, climbing and getting into everything! She is amazing. I love her so much. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for watching over her.




6 comments:
What a beautiful little girl you have there! I'm so happy that all turned out well for you guys! Happy Birthday Eliza!
I can't believe it's been a year already! She's beautiful and it is truly remarkable the journey she has made in the past 12 months!
I love that baby! Now, if we could just get her to turn down the volume knob on her screeching we'd be all set. :-)
She is beautiful. I remember being glued to Jesse's blog waiting for information about Eliza. Looking at her now really is amazing. One of my favorite pictures of her was with the pacifier in her mouth. What a difference a year makes. I wish we could see that kind of growth in ourselves at the ages we are.
I love your family picture.
Wow, and I thought only I could put on 19 pounds in a year - jk . Those pictures are precious. I love the one of your finger in her palm. Tiny tiny little girl. And what cute one-year-old pictures! I can't wait to see her again.
she's so cute :)
Post a Comment