The kids put on their own carnival here at the house. They are so creative! I didn't help them out at all. I was surprised at how much thought and work they put into it. They had a list of games, a map of the carnival where each game was going to be played, and signs at each station. I followed them around and took pictures and videos of them playing at each "station." I was very impressed at how organized everything was.
Here are games:
Bumper Boats: Kitchen (scooting around on pillows on the kitchen floor)
Trampoline: Entrance Room (jumping on pillows while Savannah sings and plays on the piano)
Shadow Show: Bathroom (all of us squeezed into the bathroom while Hunter shines a flashlight on the wall and with the shadows from this fingers, retells the story of Hansel and Gretel)
Puppet Show: T.V. room (Savannah giving a puppet show with 2 Clifford slippers, Belle doll, and her hand---about a princess and prince who find twin dogs and teaches them tricks)
Gone to go Fishing: Hunter and Madison's room (fishing for toys)
Sleeping Bag Game: T.V. room (Everyone in a sleeping bag, following Savannah's orders--head back, close eyes, chant "Sleeping Bag", feet up, turn your head to the side, sit up, etc.)
Craft Toy Going Home: (Kitchen) drawing what ever you want, coloring, and cutting it out. Savannah drew a bear called "Weirdo Bear," Hunter drew a person called "Weirdo Rainbow," and Madison drew a bat called "Talqubaq"
Hunter's Candy Shop: Refreshments in Hunter and Madison's room (even before this Carnival, Hunter has created his own Candy Shop--he even made his own shirt that he wears when he sells his candy to his sisters. Each candy has a price tag taped onto it. Today he was giving away 1 piece of candy and a ticket for another piece of candy for another time--quite generous!)
Simon Says: Savannah's room (led by Savannah)
Listen and Do: Savannah's room (led by Mom--I tell them to do something, like touch your head, turn around, etc. then when I yell "Stop" they have to run and jump onto Savannah's bed)
Junior Golf: Outside (canceled because Hunter found the grass to be too long to putt the golf ball)
Ring Toss: Outside (toss a ring onto the bucket)
Underdog Freeze Tag: Outside (canceled because it was too windy--but I am curious as to what the game was about)
Lot's of fun!!!!!! (And I put in a picture of what Eliza was doing during the Carnival)
Closing out 2023
2 years ago

3 comments:
Oh, my goodness. What creativity! Looks like a few days' worth of entertainment to me! I love your blog - didn't know you had one until I read about it on Jesse's. I've been following Eliza's progress there - so glad everything is going so well. 4 kids - Wow - busy momma!
Love, Nila
I'm clearly the villain here. Dad's gotta get on the stick and get the lawn mowed so golf can go ahead as scheduled!
What a crew! Nice work kids!
What a crackup. The most creative my kids get is whacking the ball around in the backyard.
Impressive, indeed.
Post a Comment